- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION. GT PLASTICS may collect and store the following types of information about you:
- Personal Information. GT PLASTICS may collect and store personal information, which is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact a person, such as your name, email address, phone number and mailing address (“Personal Information”).
- Information Automatically Collected. GT PLASTICS may collect and store information from and about you automatically when you use the Site. For example, GT PLASTICS may collect and store Non- Personal Information, which is information or data that does not personally identify an individual person and is not readily available for that purpose (“Non-Personal Information”). GT PLASTICS may collect information such as your type of browser, operating system, search requests, website traffic information, the date and time you visited the Site, the amount of time you used the Site, the pages you visited on the Site, any device you are using to access the Site, and any hyperlinks you click on when using the Site.
C) Information We Do Not Intend To Collect.
- Special Categories of Personal Data. “Special Categories of Personal Data” or “Special Data” is any data that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, moral or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, political views, the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of identifying a person, and data concerning health or a person’s sex life and/or sexual orientation. The data GT PLASTICS collects and processes does not qualify as Special Data. Please refrain from entering, posting or sending us any Special Data.
- Information from Children. The Site is not directed toward anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old, or under the age of majority in your place of residence. If you are under this age, please stop using the Site.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU.
- When You Communicate With Us. We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us and communicate with us. For example, when you call, mail or email us, or when you post on the Site.
- When You Request Information. We collect Personal Information when you request information through the Site on the “Request Info” page about (i) a product or solution, (ii) a recent order or quote, (iii) a billing or tax question, (iv) an invoice payment, (v) being a supplier or logistics carrier for GT PLASTICS, or (vi) anything similar. For any of these instances, we collect first and last name, company name, email address, phone number, address, and a message regarding your request. In addition, we also collect your quote, purchase order, or order number when you request information regarding a recent product order, quote, or an invoice payment. We may change the information we collect from time to time, but the information we request from you will be the same type of information as listed in this Section unless otherwise stated on the Site.
- Tradeshows. We collect Personal Information if you provide it to us at a tradeshow, such as an address, email address, and phone number. We may use this information to send you communications about our products and services. You can unsubscribe any time by following the instructions in Section 13 or by contacting us as set forth in the “Contacting Us” section below.
- Social Media. We may collect and store any information that you post on our Social Media (defined below) accounts, such as your name, social media handle, and public posts or comments you make on social media networks.
- When you Make a Purchase. We may collect Personal Information from you when you directly purchase products or services from GT PLASTICS. The contract between GT PLASTICS and its customers may address how we treat any information you provide us.
F) Automatically — Cookies and Other Tracking.
What are cookies, web beacons, and pixel tags? A cookie is a small text file that the Site saves onto your computer or device when you use the Site that provides us certain information about your activities. Cookies allow the Site to remember your actions and preferences and recognize you or your browser, along with some information you provided. Web beacons and pixel tags are small graphics on a webpage or email that monitor your activity when viewing a webpage or email.
What cookies do we use?
|Cookie Name||Cookie Source||Cookie Category/Duration||Description|
|_GRECEAPTCHA||Google.com||Performance 179 days||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.|
|rc::a||Google.com||Performance Persistent||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.|
|rc::c||Google.com||Session Remains active for the browser session.||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.|
|rc::b||Google.com||Functionality Remains active for the browser session.||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.|
|elementor||Gtplasticsamerica.com||Functionality Persistent||Used in context with the website’s WordPress theme. The cookie allows the website owner to implement or change the website’s content in real-time.|
|_grecaptcha||Gtplasticsamerica.com||Performance Persistent||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.|
|CookieConsent||Gtplasticsamerica.com||Performance 365 days||Stores the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain|
|_ga||Gtplasticsamerica.com||Performance 2 years||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|_gid||Gtplasticsamerica.com||Performance 24 hours||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|_gat||Gtplasticsamerica.com||Performance 24 hours||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate|
- make our Site function properly;
- allow you to access your Account information (stored on our computers);
- provide us and our service provides with information that we will use to provide personalized experiences, such as to change the language on the Site;
- tailor our interactions with you;
- help with our marketing efforts;
- provide us with valuable data and statistics about the usage and effectiveness of the Site and to help us improve the Site;
- measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and understand engagement with our emails (such as if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded); and
- help us improve our services.
What type of information do Cookies collect? The Cookies on the Site may collect information such as:
- IP addresses assigned to the computers and other devices you use;
- your internet service provider;
- device ID number;
- approximate geographic location;
- browser type;
- Site pages visited;
- websites you access before and after visiting the Site; and
- data related to how and when you use the Site (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms, and other engagement data) or engage with our advertising or communications.
How long do Cookies last? A Cookie can either be a “session” Cookie or a “persistent” Cookie. Session Cookies exist only for so long as you are visiting the applicable site and are typically deleted when you exit your web browser. Persistent Cookies exist for a set period of time, for example, up to several months or years. Each time you visit a site that has implemented a persistent Cookie, the persistent Cookie is renewed and that Cookie will remain active until its predetermined expiration date. You can manually delete persistent Cookies through your browser settings.
Third-Party Cookies. Cookies may either be “first-party” or “third-party” Cookies. A first-party Cookie allows your web browser to talk to the actual site that you are visiting (e.g., the Site). A third-party Cookie allows your web browser to talk to a third-party website, such as the source of an ad that appears on the website you are visiting or a third-party analytics provider.
How do you manage Cookies or Opt Out? Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable this function by changing your browser settings, but disabling cookies may impact your use and enjoyment of the Site. Not all features or functions of the Site may work properly if you disable Cookies. You cannot disable all Cookies, such as Cookies that are essential to the functioning of the Site.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? We use your Personal Information in compliance with applicable laws. We use your Personal Information as was stated (or obvious) at the point of collection. We also use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To respond to your questions, comments, or complaints, including to respond to questions posed through the “Request Information” page;
- To access, manage, and use our Social Media pages;
- To promote trade shows;
- To facilitate transactions;
- To send you promotions or other communications;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Site;
- To improve the content and functionality of the Site and the services we provide to our customers;
- To perform statistical analysis and other analyses of the Site;
- To provide visuals and promote our products and other services sold on the site;
- To address and respond to claims and counterclaims;
- To protect our legal rights or interests, or those of third parties, including to bring a legal action against you or anyone who may be causing harm to us, the Site, or to other users of the Site; and
- As requested by or consented to by you.
- WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH? We do not sell, rent or loan your Personal Information to any third party. We limit the parties with whom we share your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Employees and Affiliates. Our employees and affiliates who have a need to know the information for our business purposes.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers and our representatives that provide certain services for GT PLASTICS, with whom we have contracted. For example, we share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers that host and manage the Site or that provide services through the Site. We share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers to: (i) provide targeted advertising and other marketing, (ii) improve the content and functionality of the Site, (iii) perform data analysis and statistical analysis, (iv) help us with our marketing efforts, (v) help manage, administer and fulfill sales, (vi) troubleshoot problems with the Site, and (vii) administer the job application process.
- Government Officials / Law Enforcement. We will cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies, including by disclosing your Personal Information, if you are suspected of violating applicable laws. We may disclose your Personal Information to governmental officials, law enforcement or other similar governmental personnel: (i) if we believe in good faith we are legally required to disclose that Personal Information, (ii) if we are advised to disclose your Personal Information by our legal counsel, or (iii) when necessary to identify, contact or bring a legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interfering with the legal rights of, GT PLASTICS or any other party.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your Personal Information with our professional advisors, such as our attorneys, accountants, financial advisors and business advisors, in their capacity as advisors to GT PLASTICS.
- Other Users. By submitting a copyright infringement notice, counter-notice or other similar notification through the Site or to GT PLASTICS, you consent to having that communication forwarded to any person or entity to whom the notice or counter-notice relates to, in order to facilitate a prompt resolution of the copyright infringement claim. This Section is only applicable to you if you are located in the United States.
- Change in Ownership. In the event GT PLASTICS is the subject of a change of control transaction such as a merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of our assets or equity, in the event the Site changes ownership, in whole or in part, or in the event of a bankruptcy, receivership or similar transaction, we may provide your Personal Information to the subsequent owner(s), including as part of the due diligence process.
- Other. We may share your Personal Information with third parties when explicitly requested by or consented to by you, or for the purposes for which you disclosed the Personal Information to us as indicated at the time and point of the disclosure (or as was obvious at the time and point of disclosure from the context of collection).
- USING AND SHARING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. GT PLASTICS may collect, use, share, transfer and otherwise process Non-Personal Information received or created by GT PLASTICS (or its third- party service providers or licensors) for any business purposes in its sole discretion, so long as such collection, use, disclosure, transfer and/or processing is in compliance with applicable laws.
- SECURITY. GT PLASTICS uses technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk for all Personal Information processed. The Site has commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. In the event that a breach into our security systems occurs and there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquires your Personal Information, GT PLASTICS will notify you of the breach as required under applicable law.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR A MOBILE DEVICE CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOU PROVIDE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. GT PLASTICS is active on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn (“Social Media”). You have the opportunity to comment on those Social Media platforms regarding GT PLASTICS and the products and services we offer. Any content you post on a Social Media platform is public information and will be treated as non-confidential information. GT PLASTICS reserves the right to post (or re-post) on the Site and its Social Media pages any comments or content that you post on our Social Media pages. YOU AGREE TO HOLD GT PLASTICS AND ITS AFFILIATES HARMLESS AND WITHOUT LIABILITY FOR THE RESULTS OF ANY AND ALL CONTENT YOU POST TO GT PLASTICS’ SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you have the right to obtain: (a) a list of all third parties to whom we may have disclosed your Personal Information within the past year for direct marketing purposes, and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- COMMUNICATING WITH YOU. GT PLASTICS may use your Personal Information to send you email or direct mail information about GT PLASTICS or the products or services we offer. You may opt out of receiving certain email promotions from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email you received, or by contacting us at email@example.com
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES. By providing Personal Information to us, you understand and consent to the collection and processing of your Personal Information in the United States, regardless that certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of Personal Information in the United States to be equivalent to that required by the European Union (“EU“), United Kingdom (“UK), European Economic Area (“EEA”), or other jurisdictions.
- TERMS APPLICABLE TO PERSONS LOCATED IN THE EEA. The purpose of this Section is to provide information and additional terms that apply regarding GT PLASTICS’ processing of personal data of persons located in the EU, UK, and the European Economic Area (collectively, the “EEA“) in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). THIS SECTION ONLY APPLIES TO YOU IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE EEA.
- Definitions. The terms “personal data” and “processing” have the same meanings set forth under the GDPR. Those definitions are set forth below for your convenience:
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Furthermore, as used in this Section, the following definition shall apply:
- “Automated Decision” means an automated decision made about an individual person, including profiling, often where meaningful logic is involved, that produces legal effects that significantly affects the involved individual.
- Processing of Personal Data. Any non-Personal Information, as defined above, shall be Processed and treated as Personal Data for those persons located in the EEA.
- Legal Basis for Processing. When GT PLASTICS Processes your personal data, it has a legal basis for doing so under the GDPR. GT PLASTICS will only Process your personal data if: (i) it has received your express opt-in consent for such Processing, (ii) the Processing is necessary for performance of a contract, (iii) the Processing is necessary for a legal obligation to which GT PLASTICS is subject, (iv) the Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject, (v) the Processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest, or (vi) GT PLASTICS or a third party has a legitimate interest that is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
We have set out in the table below the reasons why we Process personal data, the associated legal basis for GT PLASTICS Processing of such personal data, and the type of personal data. If GT PLASTICS is required to Process any personal data for the reasons above, those reasons may not be known to GT PLASTICS today and therefore may not be listed below. Examples of reasons to Process are listed in Sections 6 and 7 above.
|GT PLASTICS’ Purpose for Processing||Legal Basis For The Processing||Category of Personal Data|
|When you request information or provide information through the Site, over the phone, through the mail or through email: To address or respond to your requests, questions, or concerns; email or promotions; customer and technical support, or other similar activities.||Consent (if collected online) Legitimate Interest (if you contact us through another method)||Personal Data|
|Purchases: To sell and fulfill any order you place directly with GT PLASTICS, including to manage shipping, collections, returns and order fulfillment.||Contract||Personal Data|
|Site Administration: To administer our Site (for example, troubleshooting, system maintenance, respond to requests, and data analysis).||Legitimate Interest (to effectively run our Site and administer IT Services)||Personal Data|
|Analytics and Marketing: To analyze and improve the Site and features of the Site and content on the Site; to provide direct marketing to you about our products, services and the Site.||Legitimate Interest||Personal Data|
|Social Media: To engage with our customers, prospective customers and the community about our products, service and brand, and if required, take actions to maintain the quality of the brand in the market.||Legitimate Interest||Personal Data|
- Right to Withdraw Consent. In the event you provide consent for us to Process your Personal Data, you may withdraw your consent to the Processing or rights to Process at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request such change at no additional cost.
- Marketing. GT PLASTICS does not Process personal data for the purpose of marketing without first obtaining your express, opt-in consent or having a legitimate interest for doing so. You have the right to object to the processing of personal data for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- Legitimate Interest Assessment. GT PLASTICS has undergone a Legitimate Interest Assessment and determined that the Personal Information being Processed is legitimate. Please refer to subdivision (C) above for more information regarding legitimate interests.
- Data Collected Not From the Data Subject. We sometimes collect Personal Data from third- party sources instead of through the data subject directly. For example, we receive Personal Data about third parties when job applicants provide references. We only use employment reference information for the purpose of employment verification.
- Your Rights and Choices. The GDPR provides certain rights to individuals in relation to that individual’s Personal Data. Accordingly, you may have the following rights under the GDPR, although some exceptions apply. GT PLASTICS will comply with any requests made relating to the following rights if required by applicable law. GT PLASTICS may require you to prove your identity before GT PLASTICS modifies, provides, deletes, or transfers your personal data.
- Right of Access — You have the right to be informed of and demand that GT PLASTICS provide you a copy of the personal data processed about you.
- Right to Rectification — You have the right to request that GT PLASTICS amend or update inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data.
- Right to Erasure (Deletion) — Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request deletion of your Personal Data.
- Right to Restrict — Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that GT PLASTICS temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your Personal Data. In the event a subject access request is received, GT PLASTICS will respond without undue delay an in any event within one month of receipt of the request. This can be extended by a further two months if the request is complex or a number of requests have been made by the data subject.
- Right to Object — Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to GT PLASTICS Processing Personal Data, such as for direct marketing purposes or when Automated Decision making is used.
- Right to Data Portability — You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data in electronic format and further request that GT PLASTICS send such personal data to another party.
- Communication Preferences and Opt-Outs — You have the right to stop receiving communications from us at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, at no additional cost.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint — You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority. Although you are not legally required to do so, we ask that you first contact us so GT PLASTICS can make reasonable efforts to address your complaint. An EEA representative may be reached at: email@example.com
If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights and choices, or how to exercise them, please contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time.
- Providing Personal Data Due to a Contractual Requirement. You must provide the Personal Data necessary to enter into certain agreements with GT PLASTICS.
- The Consequences of Not Providing Personal Data. GT PLASTICS will not be able to provide certain services to you without processing certain Personal Data. Furthermore, if you elect to turn off certain tracking devices or decline certain cookies on the Site, certain features of the Site may not work.
- Data Retention. GT PLASTICS will only keep your Personal Data for so long as it is necessary and will be disposed of securely and according to the data held.
- Transfer to Third Parties and Countries. Personal data that GT PLASTICS collects or receives may be transferred to and/or Processed by, (1) third parties that are located outside of the EEA EU, UK, and/or, (2) third parties that may not have an adequate level of protection for Personal Data as determined by EU, EEA, and UK authorities. GT PLASTICS will only transfer EEA data subject’s personal data to third parties located outside of the EEA when it has ensured appropriate safeguards for such personal data through use of (1) the standard contractual clauses (or its successor contract) or (2) verification that such third party is EU-U.S. Privacy Shield certified (in the case of the United States).
Furthermore, GT PLASTICS’ German and Belgium affiliates (GT PLASTICS GmbH and GT PLASTICS NV) transfer EEA personal data to certain GT PLASTICS’ United States affiliates (GT PLASTICS Corporation and Menasha Corporation). The United States is not considered as having an adequate level of protection for personal data by EU/UK data protection authorities. However, GT PLASTICS has ensured appropriate safeguards for those transfers of EEA personal data by the execution of the standard contractual clauses between the relevant parties.
You may request a copy (which may be provided as a summary) of any such appropriate safeguards or seek inquiries regarding such safeguards by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request or inquiry within a reasonable period of time.
- TERMS APPLICABLE TO PERSONS LOCATED IN MEXICO. This Section provides additional terms and information that apply only to residents of Mexico pursuant to the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data in the Possession of Private Parties (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de Particulares) (“LPPD“), and only to the extent that the LPPD applies to GT PLASTICS. “Personal Data” shall have the definition set forth under the LPPD.
- When Do We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties? We will only disclose your Personal Data to third parties without requiring your consent pursuant to Article 37 of the LPPD.
B) How To Access, Rectify, Cancel, and Object to the Use of Your Personal Data.
- Arco Rights — You have the right to know the type of Personal Data collected, and the purposes and conditions for which it was collected and used (Access);
You have the right to request correction or clarification of your Personal Data, if the information is outdated, incomplete, or incorrect (Rectification);
You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data if the Personal Data is not being used according to guidelines, duties and obligations, as stated under the LPPD (Cancellation); and
You have the right to oppose the use of your Personal Data for specific purposes permitted by the LPPD (Objection).
Collectively, your rights of Access, Rectification, Cancellation, and Objection are known as your “ARCO Rights.”
- Exercising Arco Right — In order to exercise any of the ARCO Rights, you must submit the respective request through an email addressed to the address below. In accordance with Article 29 of the LPPD, the request must contain information requested on all required fields and marked as mandatory, including: complete name (including last name(s)), email address or postal address for notifications, a contact telephone number, and a clear and exact description of the Personal Data for which ARCO Rights are being exercised. The form should be accompanied by a copy of an official form of ID, or be included in a legible electronic file (scanned). We will make reasonable efforts to reply to your notice within twenty (20) working days of receiving your request, and we will respond by email to the address the request came from.
- Revocation of Consent — You may revoke your consent, which you may have granted us, for the managing of your Personal Data. However, we cannot comply with such request in all cases, or stop using the information immediately, and due to a legal obligation, we may continue managing your Personal Data. Likewise, we ask that you please consider that for certain purposes, revocation of consent would mean we are not able to continue providing you with requested services, or it might also imply an end to your relationship with us.
- Improper Use of Your Personal Data. If you think that your right to protection of your Personal Data is improperly used in violation of the LPPD, you may reach out to Mexico’s IFAI with an official complaint. For more information, please visit their website at https://home.inai.org.mx/
- Legal Disclosures and Lawful Requests. We and our Canadian, U.S. and other foreign service providers and affiliates may disclose your Personal Information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your Personal Information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Access. Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to request access, updating, and corrections of inaccuracies in your Personal Information in our custody and control. You may exercise these rights by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records. We may, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, charge a reasonable fee for granting you access to your Personal Information.
- Your Choices. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by doing one of the following:
- If you received a marketing email, you can follow the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional and account-related communications from us.
- Contact us at the contact information noted below.
- Data Collected Not From the Data Subject. We sometimes collect Personal Information from third-party sources. For example, we receive Personal Information about third parties when job applicants provide references. We only use employment reference information for the purpose of employment verification.
GT PLASTICS USA, LLC.
Attn: Jay Garner
P.O. BOX 77024
+1 817 591 7151
Effective Date: February 18, 2021